Gender reveal parties were officially coined 13 years ago. Jenna Karvunidis, a mom who also happens to be a blogger, is responsible for helping this trend gain traction.
People worldwide are coming up with unique and creative ways to share the gender of their baby with friends and family. Some ideas allow you to celebrate and share long-distance, which is cute! Other ideas are more personal and private; either way, they can be a fantastic way to share the news before the baby shower.
Today, I’m bringing you ten gender reveal ideas to kick off your next reveal party.
- Gender Reveal Scratch-Off Cards: If you’re crafty, you can make DIY gender reveal scratch-offs. You can also get ready-made scratch-off cards through various companies. Throw a gender reveal party and use the cards to share the sex of the baby. You can also send some out to people who can’t make it, so they can still be included in the special moment.
- Piñata: Use a piñata just like you would when celebrating a birthday party or event. You can fill it with colored confetti or colored candy. Typically, people focus on blue and pink, but you can go with whatever colors you prefer. It’s incredible how much fun the expecting parents have whacking the piñata.
- “Bun In The Oven” Cupcakes: Use cakes, cupcakes, or any sort of baked good that you can fill with colored icing or something of the sort. Jelly works as well. Everyone can bite or break open the sweet treat to find out if you’re having a boy or a girl.
- Simple & Personal Gender Reveal Candles: Looking for a way to surprise your partner with a gender reveal? A gender reveal candle might be the choice for you. How it works is simple; the candle has a black strip on it; once the candle is lit and the wax starts to heat up, it causes the black strip to change. The strip will either turn pink or blue. It can take several minutes before the transformation takes place. Still, it’s a cute and intimate way to share your baby’s gender.
- The Big Bang: It’s somewhat common to see people using the streamer poppers at a gender reveal. However, there are several other choices, and those vary depending on where you shop. You can find 12 round repeaters, smoke bombs, fountains, and power shells too. Go big with the bang, or stay subtle.
- Balloon Pop: There are several choices with the balloon pop reveal. You can fill the balloons with appropriately colored paint, confetti, dyed water, and anything else you can fit in a balloon that escapes when you pop it. Toss darts to pop the balloons revealing the gender. You can also line the filled balloons but only have one filled with the reveal color, leave the rest empty, or use something like white or black.
- Confetti Cannon Roulette: Here’s how this one works. You get a total of six confetti cannons, but only one will provide the reveal. If you plan on having a larger group of people, you can order extra. Five of the cannons are full of white confetti, while one contains the associated color. Pop them off at the same time and let the excitement begin.
- Sports Themed: There are a lot of ways a sports-themed gender reveal party could play out. Football, basketball, and baseball are the top main options, but remember, new ideas are coming to light daily.
- Holiday Reveals: If the gender reveal party will be around the holidays, you can choose a holiday-themed reveal. There are so many ways you can plan this that will be exciting. For Christmas, you can do the enormous present; Halloween includes fun pumpkins, Easter uses the little eggs, and Thanksgiving is the bird in the oven.
- Movie Themed Gender Reveals: Harry Potter seems to be a massive deal for gender reveals. There are so many excellent movie choices you could go with that would make the special reveal even more special.